Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving With The Cooks

Yes, yes, I know- I've been slacking on updating the blog. I've been so busy with work that, well, I haven't really had time to do anything else. However, we did have a great Thanksgiving this year and I really have to recap our great day.
After I got off work Wednesday night, Jeff and I drove out to Wylie to spend the night at the Cook's so we could get up early and do the Thanksgiving 5K in nearby Sachse.


This was pre-race, notice Logan's excited face
This is after the race. Ha, Logan cracks me up. But it was actually really cold! It was early in the morning and super humid- but it was a cold type of humid which is no fun.

Again, this was early, so excuse my just-rolled-out-of-bed-look.
Logan was awesome and as soon as the race started he just took off! Ann, Jeff and I were jogging together and Logan just sprints away lol Jeff caught up to him after about a mile, but Logan was such a great runner!  Ann was too- she beat us all.
the guys
 Later that day we went out for Thanksgiving dinner. Eating at a restaurant for Thanksgiving was a first for me- and I loved it. We went to Maggiano's at Northpark and the food was unreal. So good! They had a special Thanksgiving menu going on and the desserts were to die for. We all left super stuffed and super content. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching tons of football- and I got to talk to my family who had gone to AZ for the holiday. It was perfect. I did have to leave that night to get back for work :( but Jeff was able to stay the rest of the weekend and get some quality time in with his niece and nephew...and their xbox ;)
the girls- minus miss taylor (she's hiding under the table)

It was a great Thanksgiving and we had so much fun spending it with the Cooks.

3 comments:

  1. You're alive! I've been waiting to see what you have been up too. I hope you and Jeff are planning one heck of a Kiley Christmukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great Thanksgiving and we're so glad you and Jeff got to spend it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Wish we could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete