Saturday, December 17, 2011

Feels like Christmas

It feels like Christmas time and I'm loving it. Despite our two year ban on decorating for the holidays, this year we (I) caved and decided to get festive. Decorating takes a lot of work! I only just got everything up with only one week left to enjoy it in our apartment before we left for Idaho. 
I even got my craft on- it's serious people. I think I'd rather buy stuff than make it (don't judge me craft crazies)- bc my end product always ends up like this pic below (I saw this on pinterest and it still makes me laugh so hard)


ha, yeah- and this can be kind of depressing. However, when you're poor students and strapped for cash sometimes dyi is the only option- hence my stick art. lol. I found this "craft" on pinterest and it is as easy as it sounds, which is why I put craft in quotes- it seems like it was toooo easy to be considered a craft. You basically just grab some sticks and glitter and make it look like a Christmas tree- as can be seen below. I think Jeff thought I was crazy- but he had the good sense to tell me my tree was b-e-a-utiful. I also made a glitter sign- I love me some glitter! It is now everywhere in my apartment! There were a few times I'd look over at Jeff studying on the couch and he'd have glitter stuck to his cheek or in his hair...I didn't tell him though, didn't want him to break concentration- AND btw, he totally rocked his finals- like, he literally dominated. I know I'm bragging about him, but he worked his cute little butt off and I'm oh so proud. Anyways,  we are now packed and out of our festive apartment, I had my last day at work, and we're chilling in Wylie with Ann's family for the weekend. Monday we fly out and spend the next THREE weeks in Idaho- so excited. 


oh yeah- my birthday is in like 7 days. man, i'm getting old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment