Yesterday I turned 24- wowzer- 24 doesn't seem that old- but turning 25 kind of does- and now that's coming up next. But one year at a time. I feel very thankful and blessed on this birthday. I have so much to be grateful for- starting with my testimony in Christ. Even with all the glitz surround the holidays, it was definitely nice to reflect on the birth of our Savior.
Second- I'm grateful for all of our support in our new home. Moving to Texas this year has been better than I ever could have expected- so I'm so thankful for my new neighbors, my new ward, my co-workers, and of course, the Cooks. Even though we moved so far away-we had so much support from everyone in our new home and neither Jeff or I have really had a chance to feel lonely or miss our old home.
Third- I'm grateful for my family. There have been ten of us here in my house this week and it has been a blast. I love each of my brothers- we are all so different and yet it feels so good to have everyone together.
Fourth- My parents are rockstars and will forever be my heros for everything they have been through and everything they have accomplished. I will always be grateful that I was blessed to be their daughter.
Fifth- I'm grateful for my own little family of two. Jeff and I are such opposites that sometimes I just have to laugh with how differently we approach pretty much every situation. However, we definitely learn from each other and I have loved growing together. We balance each other out, we keep each other entertained, and we have each other's backs.
Along with getting the "special plate," I got to make all of the decisions- from what food we ate and when we opened presents to what game we played and what shows we watched.
And last night I blogged for an hour while listening to old school Beyonce - it was a very good day.


Happy belated birthday Kiley Noel!!
ReplyDelete