Monday, March 5, 2012

oh sundays...


Sundays really have become my favorite days. They're so lazy and relaxing and now- they're pretty entertaining.
This Sunday had me and Jeff carralling 6 3&4 yrd olds through the parking lot to look at "popcorn" trees. They couldn't believe their favorite song was coming to life right before their eyes! lol It was pretty adorable. and a little stressful.
Jeff and I are now primary teachers to the sunbeams in our ward and last yesterday was our first day as teachers. If how we act as teachers is any indicator at how we'll be as parents then it's safe to say that "hands off" is our go to mantra- as long as what you are doing makes us laugh. One of them wants to wander around the primary room saying prayers aloud? haha, ok- go for it. One wants to eat my object for the lesson? sure, I guess. But then one took off his socks and shoes and started throwing them at me during the lesson- to which I said- heck no, put your stinky feet away mister. But other than that we kind of just let them run wild.
Jeff and I decided we need to be more strict next week :) We'll work on it.

6 comments:

  1. So funny. You are too hott girl. I am primary president now, which is code for nursery leader that makes the schedule. Basically, Riley loves Addy, Ethan wants to be Riley, and Andy steals toys. It's awesome. Also, sometimes we have the lesson sitting on the table because they like it. No big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeremy and i team teach the sunbeams, toooooo! they are NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Nick and I teach the sunbeams as well. It is CRAZY! But fun too. I think you're right though, you just have to let some things go. (And by some things, I mean almost everything)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Primary President, I say.... just go with it. Sunbeams are crazy but funny. i love that picture of you by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe this made me lol! someone tried to eat your lesson? crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha! I love this. I have kinda been freaking out over the popcorn popping song coming to life, i can only imagine their excitement!

    ReplyDelete