Wednesday, March 7, 2012

so overdue

Over Christmas break my mom gave me this baby.
I meant to post about it earlier- but totally forgot- oh well, better late than never!


It is literally everything about me from birth through age 6! It contains photos of me, cards my mom got while she was in the hospital giving birth to me, name lists of what she was thinking about naming me, letters written to me through those years from my mom/dad/brothers/grandparents, valentines, drawings, songs I made up- there's even a baggy containing my hair from my first haircut. 
Everything is in perfect chronological order- and when I say that everything is in here- I seriously mean everything. I even have a copy of my "abilities test" from kindergarten.

It is huge- and color coded :)


She says she's still working on the other years, but I am so glad I have what she already put together. This thing was A LOT of work! 
I really didn't have any of my own baby pictures so I love having so many at my fingertips. I also love when Jeff starts cracking up when he's looking through this- it's so fun to have someone (other than your mom) enjoy looking at your baby pics :)
I also loved being able to see pics that I'd never seen before- so I snapped a few (a ton) shots to put on the ol' blog

party baby/eskimo baby

Jordan dangling me over the side of the top bunk

chilling with my dad

playing tether ball with Chris... and I'm totally about to get blasted 

creepy child with a bowl cut alert


me and my mama :) /me and my mullet

I look like such a little show off, but I loved that bike

I was into frogs and robots


Chris, Jordan and me
me and my bowl cut holding Matt
*Jeff saw this pic and was like- "you look just like I did! we could've been twins!"
Jeff also had a giant bowl cut lol


Big thanks to my mom for putting in all of the work and for actually caring about every drawing I did and note that was written- I LOVE the letters in there from you and dad and from the grandparents. 

so yeah, and since I know everyone was totally fascinated by this post and is dying for more of me, me me, I'll totally let you look at it if you come over, 
lol-and I'm totally kidding....unless you're serious. 

5 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me about this! It IS huge! That was so sweet of your mom to put together!
    Whenever i'm over at your place, I'm totally gonna ask to look at it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I've finished up through Brad's second year. I have a lot of work to do! Your mom is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah....This blog post made my day. So glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha I am cracking up at all your captions. Must have been the style, my sisters all had bowl cuts. I missed out on that unfortunately :) and please an I come over and look at the book???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all these pictures - that's totally the Kiley I remember :). What an incredible project for your mom; she's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete