When I think Spring- I think new clothes!
new weather = new wardrobe, or so I would like to think.
Since Jeff's going to be in school for three more years, I can't exactly go all out in the shopping department, but I can work with what I have and make use of the back of my closet.
Everyone who follows me on pinterest would know that I've been diggin colored pants. Colored skinnies are totally cool again (I swear I only wore pink, yellow and purple pants the whole year I was 5) and thanks to a semester in London in 08' where I reverted back to my 5 yr old self and bought and wore only clothes that just made me happy- I have blue, green and purple skinny jeans. I was tempted to go out and buy a new pair, but hey- digging around in our storage closet works too :)
I haven't been into using anything on my hair lately- no straightener, curling iron or blow dryer. It's just been such nasty weather lately- and any hint of humidity turns my hair crazy and makes me look like Fabio- it's true, just ask my old roommates.
However, I don't want to look homeless, so headscarves have been making a comeback. I also was able to dig these out of storage- and they do actually look a lot like the ones pictures above. Pretty sure I got mine during high school, and may not have worn them for five years now, but hey, I'm sure glad I didn't throw them out!
However, I don't want to look homeless, so headscarves have been making a comeback. I also was able to dig these out of storage- and they do actually look a lot like the ones pictures above. Pretty sure I got mine during high school, and may not have worn them for five years now, but hey, I'm sure glad I didn't throw them out!
Another thing I'm diggin- and by no means am I a style expert, I just know I'll get a hoot out of reading this when I'm old-old, is this button up chambray shirt
I kind of have to stop myself from wearing this everyday. Except for a while I was wearing it 90s style, unbuttoned and over another shirt- I thought it looked good lol until I saw a pic of myself in it and realized it looked really horrendous. I think it's bc of my broad back. Anyways...I still wear it all the time, just not as a shirt/jacket a la BoyMeetsWorls/SavedByTheBell.
oh yesss. I don't have this one yet because I don't have a closet full of brand new Nikes...that would be Jeff :) However, I told myself that I'd have to stick with running for a couple months before I upgrade to something newer and prettier. And yeah...after upgrading/reassessing my closet- it finally feels like Spring!
I kind of have to stop myself from wearing this everyday. Except for a while I was wearing it 90s style, unbuttoned and over another shirt- I thought it looked good lol until I saw a pic of myself in it and realized it looked really horrendous. I think it's bc of my broad back. Anyways...I still wear it all the time, just not as a shirt/jacket a la BoyMeetsWorls/SavedByTheBell.
oh yesss. I don't have this one yet because I don't have a closet full of brand new Nikes...that would be Jeff :) However, I told myself that I'd have to stick with running for a couple months before I upgrade to something newer and prettier. And yeah...after upgrading/reassessing my closet- it finally feels like Spring!






I saw some red skinnies at old navy last week for like $8 (on sale) I wanted to get them....but I didn't :( that's so cool that you have green, purple and blue!!!
ReplyDeletewill you go colored pants shopping with me?
ReplyDeletewe should totally go shopping! forever21 has some really cute colored skinnies for pretty cheap right now
ReplyDeleteFabio - You know I love that look of yours. PS I too am obsessed with colored denim. I hope it doesn't go out of style soon!
ReplyDeleteYou did indeed wear nothing but colored pants when you were 5 and 6 years old. I am glad you are wearing colors again!
ReplyDelete