Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yeah for Three More Years!!!! In Texas!

the countdown to 2014  begins....
Three more years people.....three more years until Jeff will be done with school forever.
I'm not sure who is happier....on one hand Jeff hates school more than anyone I've ever met, and on the other hand I do not have a huge tolerance for whining/complaining about things you just have to do and have found that my "you can do it honey.." turns into "suck it up" rather quickly in the past two years in regards to his schooling...oh dear...lets just get through these next few years!
However, Jeff is also the HARDEST worker I've ever met and I've been blown away by his commitment to something he seems to hate so much. During the last two years he has worked and worked and worked and then worked some more for every single point/problem/paper/test/grade and has gone above and beyond to make sure he reaches his goals. When we first met he had no clue what he wanted to do with his life, and for some reason that didn't bother me. lol I just thought he was cute :) 
           The first time he met my mom and she asked him what he wanted to do once he graduated-
 he told her he just wanted to work at 24 Hour Fitness all so he could play volleyball on their indoor courts in his spare time. Haha. Yeah, that happened.
 To my mom's credit she never mentioned to me that maybe I should be thinking about the more logistical side of things regarding our future. I think she trusted that would have to occur naturally...ha.   
          Once Jeff and I got married he did start to think about our future and what he wanted to do...he went through phases and racked up hundreds of shadowing and volunteer hours(like I said, hard worker)
We finally settled on us both going to graduate school in Ohio. I found out I had been accepted to my grad program and Jeff had an interview set up for his- but then Jeff decided he wanted to change directions and he applied for a completely different program....in Texas. 
What the what! At first I was against this and we weren't going to go- we were going to stick with our Ohio plan... but after we both thought about it and prayed about it, I felt that Texas was the place we needed to be- the decision to switch up everything just felt so good and so right that it ended up being easy to start all over again with all of our life plans- we're still at the beginning right? we still have time to switch things around! The only problem was that I hadn't applied to any grad programs down there....shoot. So while I'm still deciding what I'm going to do in future years...for now I'll (hopefully) find a job and make some money while I decide what to be when I grow up (I keep changing my mind now that I have any extra year to think about my future....garr).
SO...
for the next three years you can find us in this great state


to be exact...you can find us in DALLAS. 
We are so very excited- one of the reasons we are so excited is that Jeff's sister and her family live in the area and I am so excited to be able to hang out with them more! They have two super fun kids and it will be nice to be close to family.

Here's a pic of Jeff's pretty new campus

Jeff will be going to Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas- the apartment we found (like only three weeks ago...) is in Coppell...which is pronounced in the snottiest way possible- it's CAH-PELLL not COP-EL like I keep saying. Cah-pell sounds too high-maintence, but I've already been corrected like five times by people I talk to on the phone so it looks like I'll have to get used to it.
Anyways...this was a wordier and more journal-esque post than usual, but I realized I hadn't exactly mentioned any of the whats and whys to the single biggest decision we've made so far as a married couple so yeah
- here's to the next three Texas filled years! 
I hope we eat a lot of BBQ and that I find a killer pair of red cowboy boots.

*also if anyone has any suggestions about what I should do with my life for the next few give me a holler- when I think about applying to grad schools again I just get tired/depressed...

6 comments:

  1. I still can't believe you guys are going to Texas! Just go get a fun job that you enjoy. We can help each other find cute ideas for decorating ugly apartments! Also, good job Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys, that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going with a decision that you feel at peace with is always the best path, whether or not it makes sense at the moment. You two will do great things in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is actually the most EPIC bbq place in Coppell that my brother-in-law took us to when we visited. I'll have to ask him what it was called and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks guys! we're pretty excited- and alex, definitely let us know about the bbq place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I can see Hobbs on your map! I'm so excited to have relatives closer than 20 hours away from us. :) We love you guys and I'm so glad you didn't go off and choose a different guy just because Jeff was a little indecisive. Cause we all love Jeff and he is a good guy/husband and a hard worker. I think you guys will love Texas and find lots of great people and things you love there.

    ReplyDelete