Sunday, August 7, 2011

Biking to Sausalito

Later in the week, Jeff and I decided to go back into the city and bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and into Sausalito. The plan was to then take a ferry across the bay, drop off our bikes, and meet my family at the Orpheum Theater to see Billy Elliot. Even though things didn't exactly go according to plan (the ferry wasn't really working) we still made the best of it and made it to the show on time.

 Making our way through the city to the bike rental place

 We biked along the bay for a while- there were some great overlooks and places to take pictures- there were also a lot of hills! lol, this was more of a workout than I had bargained for.


 When we came up to the bridge, there was some fog and clouds rolling in- so happy I wore pants and a sweater! It was chillllly.



On the bridge- luckily things cleared up just long enough for us to take a picture about half way across



Sausalito was such a cute little town! We ended up riding down into the town, which was really fun because we were just coasting for like 20 minutes- I even remarked that what made that part so fun was knowing we didn't have to ride back up! haha, little did I know that was exactly what we would be doing due to the ferries not working out......shoot.




We ate lunch at this cute little cafe that had tables outside so we could eat right by the water

We also seemed to escape the fog and gloom of the bridge once we got to the other side,
 the day was gorgeous!
Shortly after lunch we determined the only way to make it to our show on time was to ride back up out of Sausalito and all the way back to the beginning. I'll be honest, I was very sore the next day lol
Thankfully we made it to the show about twenty minutes before it started- and we loved it! I wasn't sure if Jeff would really like it, but he totally did! Everyone in the show did an amazing job. It was fun to meet up with my mom, grandma, aunt and uncle after such a good day :) 
And the Orpheum Theater was amazing. It was old, but had so many little details everywhere that made it feel like it should be in a movie. 



Thanks to my mom for these tickets! And to my grandma and grandpa for the day- they kept slipping us money for everything- definitely couldn't have done any of this without them :) love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the bike pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syd, you're so nice! Call me whenever you have time so we can catch up. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day. I'm glad it cleared up for you while you were crossing the bridge. I was jealous when I was talking to my mom. She was on the bart train on her way to the show.

    ReplyDelete