Friday, August 5, 2011

Back in the Bay

After Tahoe, Jeff, my mom, and I decided to go visit my grandparents in Concord, CA. I love my grandparents house a lot. Like, a huge ginormous amount, and it always felt weird to me that Jeff had never visited them at their home. Growing up, we would spend weeks in Concord every Summer and we'd usually come down for either Christmas break or Thanksgiving. 
The week we spent with them this time was fantastic! 
They seriously outdid themselves...
 I'm talking waking up to home made breakfasts every morning
trips into San Francisco 
staying up late with Grandma watching trashy TLC reality shows 
(there might have been a My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding marathon.....)
going to one of the best Chinese restaurants I've ever been to 
 going through all of my grandma's old cookbooks! (I read through them like regular books- I love them)
getting to try out any recipe that catches my eye
picking yummy oranges and pears from their backyard
getting to raid my grandma's beauty dresser(s)
and, as you can see below- going to an A's baseball game!

Originally we were going to go to a Giant's games, but they happened to be out of town so we went to an Athletics vs. Orlando game instead.

 We had so much fun! I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the game. I initially went into this thinking, this would only be a fun thing for Jeff, but I ended up getting really into it! Shocker.

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the sweet tickets
- and money for parking($17!) and dinner- 
they gave us a great date night just for the two of us :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment