Last week we took a long weekend to go backpacking up past Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains- into 4th of July Lake and the White Cloud Mountains- it was beautiful! I've decided I'm not the biggest camper, but I couldn't deny how pretty my surroundings were!
Jeff trying his luck with the fish....
This was after we had hiked up to the lake and set up our camp- excuse my au natural look :)
Yikes! haha
And this was right about when the thunder and lightening started.
We got soaked! Sleeping that night was very comfortable.
not.
not.
The rain did make things pretty....
The next morning we decided to hike the ridge that overlooks the Bourne Lakes and Ant Basin. This hike was steep! On our way down we ran into some germans who were "biking" it. They were really carrying their bikes over their heads while we were huffing and puffing just walking lol
There was still snow at the top! We were at 10,000 ft! A little before this picture Jeff was standing a little too far into the snow and it started giving way- I thought he was going to go over! Definitely freaked me out.
Yay for parents who love each other!
Me and Matt
On our way home we stopped to eat in Stanley- I think Jeff was very happy about this! lol


Good ol' Stanley! We used to camp at Redfish Lake every summer growing up, it's so pretty up there! We stayed in cabins in Stanley a couple times and would always attend the branch there if we were there on a Sunday!
ReplyDeleteOh fun! We stopped by at Red Fish on our way out, but couldn't really appreciated it cause it wouldn't stop raining!
ReplyDeleteWow these are beautiful pictures!! Wish I was there! I wish everyone could see this part of Idaho. Then everyone would want to live there.
ReplyDeleteHeaven on earth!
ReplyDelete