Tuesday, August 16, 2011

summer reading goodness

This week I'll be chillin in Boise while Jeff's all the way over in New York for camps. While Jeff's gone I plan on doing a lot of READING. I love me some summa reading. Lately I've been able to get Jeff in on the reading fun as well.
Last week I gave Jeff this book to read on the plane

 He absolutely loved it. This is a great book, and a really easy read- also- as a warning, this book will probably make you cry; it's a tear jerker. The flight attendant on Jeff's last plane had to ask him if he was okay while he was reading it because he was starting to choke up. Tender.

This week I talked him into taking this one:

I loved this book and can't wait to see the movie. I'm not sure if he'll like this one, but Jeff loved The Secret Life of Bees, which surprised me, so hopefully he'll like this one too. If anyone has any good book suggestions- let me know! I'm always looking for new ones :)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so I thought the movie version of The Help was going to be el-lamo. I was prepared to ask myself why I would spend $$ on a movie like that. I was really expecting something really tacky... IT WASN'T!!! You have to see this movie! It was funny, sad, made you cry, made you mad - the full gamut of emotions up there on screen. The best movie I've seen in a long time! (Next to Thor... yum) Anyway, there is a book that I read recently that I really enjoyed called The Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel PIe Club. "A W E S O M E !"
    I think you'd really like it. Check it out and let me know if you loved it as much as I did.

    Love your blog by the way! You are having so many fun adventures this summer! Luck-ee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see them ovie too! I'm in the middle of reading the potato peel pie club too. I just finished The Peach Keeper, which was awesome. definitely read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see the movie! My mom gave me the Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Lie Club book and I read it over Christmas last year- it was awesome. I'll have to try the Peach Keeper- I'm always looking for my next good book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have done at least ONE thing right - my daughter loves to read as much as I do. It's so fun to be able to trade book suggestions with my grown-up child. :)

    ReplyDelete