Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How Can I Better Understand and Live the Gospel?

I loved the visiting teaching message for this month;

Barbara Thompson, second counselor in the Relief Society general presidency: “Sisters, now more than ever, we need women to step up and be strong. We need women who declare the truth with strength, faith, and boldness. We need women to set an example of righteousness. We need women to be ‘anxiously engaged in a good cause.’ We need to live so that our lives bear witness that we love our Heavenly Father and the Savior Jesus Christ and that we will do what They have asked us to do” (“Now Let Us Rejoice,” Liahona and Ensign, Nov. 2008, 116).

2 Nephi 31:12: “Follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.”
- I love this scriptue- When I first read it while reading over the visiting teaching message for this month, it struck me that when I have children I want to be able to live my life and be an example to my children so that I can have them look to me as a literal example of "follow me, and do the things which ye have me do." By doing what my Heavenly Father would have me do I hope to be able to raise my children so they will have that same desire and hopefully be better at accomplishing that than me.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency: “As we strive to understand, internalize, and live correct gospel principles, we will become more spiritually self-reliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment