I am so behind in blogging. blah. oh well. Time to play catch up- starting with Easter!
Easter was a lot of fun this year. I didn't get great pictures, but that's ok. We have 11:00 church- which is great but..... it's also right during her nap time so it's a miracle we got any pictures of her in her dress at all.
These ears are the best $1 purchase from Target ever. Ava loved them, would keep them on- and it was just so dang cute. I let her wear them for the two weeks leading up to Easter.
Another thing that makes this girl go wild with joy- going without clothes!
taking a break
back at it- she's the best. I have like twenty pictures of her running around our apartment like this.
Late Friday night I realized we had zero Easter decor. Fail. So I decided to make a quick little sign- that then took me forever- I think I'll stick with mooching off of my talented creative friends for decorations from now on though! woof. It took forever and only half of them are the same size because I became very impatient toward the end and just wanted to go to sleep.
Unfortunately Jeff had to work all weekend, so we crammed in a whole bunch of Easter in one hour before he had to leave.
Ava's Easter basket: church books, a swim suit, bubbles, plastic eggs, and a stuffed animal- however- the fake grass was the biggest hit.
Because Jeff couldn't come to the other hunt I was taking her too- we just ran over to the park next door and spread some of our own eggs around the grass and let Jeff chase her around. I didn't bother putting anything in the eggs- she liked them enough empty :)
Here she is at the Coppell Easter hunt. It was really a really cool event that our little city puts on every year. They even have a specific egg hunt for the little ones aged 3 and down. Ava actually came away with about ten eggs- but because I'm a mean mom, I made her give all her candy away to the other kids :)
They also had this scary bunny to take pictures with
Some of her finds
and a close-up in case you wanted to see how terrifying giant Easter bunnies really are
and that's it! It was a bummer that Jeff was gone for everything, so I didn't bother making anything special to eat- I think I had cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and just got really jealous of all the orange rolls I saw on instagram- but not jealous enough to make them :)
We'll make up for it next year though :)



















Darling pictures, as always. And Chuck worked Easter weekend too and I'm 88% sure I had cereal for dinner that night! I'm pretty sure I fed my kids something classy and holiday-ish like dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets though... :)
ReplyDelete