Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ava is One!!!

So if it feels like we celebrated Ava's birthday for a week and a half.....that's only because we did. 
People kept coming over and seeing all of the decorations I put up like, a week in advance-and I think it kind of weirded them out-- But I was just really excited to celebrate! And every day we did something special with Ava to celebrate her birthday. I also felt like I was celebrating me getting through a whole year with both of us alive and in good spirits :) 
I kind of let Ava open a couple of presents a day for the week leading up to her birthday- mostly because I wanted to see what was in them and she wanted to play with the wrapping paper. 
Thank you to the grandparents and great-grandparents, friends, and family for all of the packages, presents and cards! It's so fun seeing other people celebrate the little girl that you just love more than anything.


This was on the Sunday after her birthday with some of her new toys. 


She really does love that little car- always on it



I also hung streamers everywhere- and they did look cool, but I forgot to take a picture :/ 


One of her special breakfasts this week was pancakes and eggs- she was pretty happy it wasn't her usual oatmeal.


So many puzzles and books. So much more to do now- She was pretty good about knowing what to do with opening presents.



Birthday flowers


Such a happy little birthday girl


After presents on her real birthday, we took her over to the park and let her run around, go down the slide as many times as she wanted, and played with bubbles.
We love you Ava Rees!
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ava!! I can't believe a whole year has gone by already!! She is the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about stretching out birthday celebrations! Especially when the birthday girl is so cute :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so big on that little car! What a cutie. Still can't believe she's one! Also, congrats on surviving the first year. I always make a huge deal about the first birthday because the first year is so hard! Totally worth it but definitely an exhausting year! You're a great mom ki. I can't wait until we can go shopping at the mall with our girls someday. Show em how to destroy forever 21.

    ReplyDelete