Tuesday, May 13, 2014

*Ava Rees* 12 Months

Alright. Finally- the last monthly update! Of course I'll keep posting when I can about this little bug, but I won't be doing the monthly update thing. 
My goal was to do it for the first 12 months. 
Done and done.
This last month she seems much less my little baby and more and more a sassy toddler. 
She tries to repeat a lot of words that I say, but the only three words she says unprompted are mama, no, and whoa! She says mama while running towards me with her arms out and a big grin on her face. I love it. She yells NO whenever she just doesn't like a situation. I do not love this. And she says whoa! Every time she falls on her bum. It's pretty cute.


While she is pretty independent, she's also a momma's girl. She'll play with her toys forever, but if I catch her eye she'll squeal and run towards me, giving me a giant bear hug. She also follows me from room to room- she'll be playing in the corner, but if she sees me walk into the bedroom she gets herself up and hustles after me.


I took her to her 12 month check-up last week
Weight: 22 lbs 4 oz     69%
                                                             Height: 30.5 inches     89%
                                                             Head Circ: 47 cm        93%
Now that she's running around, she's leaning out and thankfully the check-up went great.


She likes to read books, stack blocks, dance to music and run around exploring.
She does not like diaper changes, putting on clothes, sitting in her car seat or high chair.


This is what she looks like when she runs toward me :) She throws out her arms like Frankenstein and gets this big goofy grin. It's the best.


She still loves to hide random things in her clothes hamper- the tv remote, my phone, her sippy cup- if something's missing, look in her hamper.


Ava also loves to point. She'll point at something and then look at me, waiting for me to tell her what it is. Last Sunday during church she wouldn't stop pointing at the kids behind us. Add on to the pointing, she was yelling No! No! Nooooooooooo! at them lol I think she didn't like them playing with toys? We had to take her out- the whole time she's wailing Noooooooooooooooooo! And she does thins thing now when she doesn't like something she makes her whole body go limp and she'll just wilt to the floor. It's charming.
Overall though, she really is the best little girl. The changes that occur in the first year are remarkable. I'm so grateful that I get be the one to be her mama and see her make all of these changes and developments. She's such a special, fun little girl and I can't wait for the new fun stuff we get to experience together.
Love you Ava Rees!

No comments:

Post a Comment