Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday 9.11.11




Last Sunday was our first time going to our new ward. We loved it.


All of our meetings were good and they all touched on September 11 and focused on God's Plan of Salvation. It was a great pick me up on such a sad day.


We also made new friends who were so nice and showed us around our new area- they took us to the coolest park with a pond....this park also had the coolest playground. 
          
 

          

  and then we came home for dinner. This was our first home cooked meal in our new apartment- and it was good. 

           

That night we watched 9-11 memorials on tv, which always break my heart. I was in 8th grade when
 9-11 happened. I was at the bus stop when I first heard some of the other kids talking about it and then in my first period Algebra 1 class, my teacher Mr. Duvall had the news turned on and we watched the news all day- didn't do any work, no one gave any homework- I remember looking over my homework from the night before and trying to figure out a math problem I hadn't been able to work out- I looked up from my problem to see one of the towers fall. It was horrible. Every class that day had a different teacher trying to explain what was going on to all of us confused middle schoolers- none of us had ever heard of Osama Bin Laden or really knew where Afghanistan was...that night I remember watching the news and President Bush and everyone on TV was talking about a new war. I still don't like listening to that I'm Proud to be an American song because that's all they played on the radio for weeks after, so now every time I hear it I just feel sad. However, in church when they talked about 9-11 they talked about the good in man and all of the charitable and heroic acts that came from this. 
That's what we should focus on.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about the Proud to be an American song. Just too strong an association with the 9/11 tragedy. I'm glad your ward is good!

    ReplyDelete