Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just Getting There

Hey ya'll!
Jeff and I are finally in our new apartment. There's not much else in here with us though. 
It's just us, two suitcases and a couple of blankets and beach towels. Luckily our stuff arrives today!!!!! 
CAN NOT WAIT. Actually, we do have our internet- just no bed, couch, clothes, 
bathroom or kitchen stuff-  I guess that shows where our priorities are :) 
Luckily, Jeff's sister and her family live about 45 minutes away and they were all nice enough to let us stay with them for the long weekend. Last night Jeff and I checked in to our apartment and slept on the floor. yuck. At least our bed tonight will feel heavenly. I miss that thing!
We started our trip to Dallas by heading out of Boise and stopping in good ol' Provo to get all of our stuff out of storage. We spent the night with our friends, the Hansens, who were so great and I had so much fun with Danielle. I'll definitely miss having her as my neighbor! After Provo, it was on to Denver to see my good friend from high school, Elise, and her adorable baby boy. 

 We left at 5:30 am, but this is the last picture we took of Utah right before crossing into WY

 We drove for hours past farmland that looked just like this. 
I should've appreciated the green more- it's brown here.

 We definitely took in the mountains since we knew we wouldn't be seeing any for a long, long time.


 Ha, giant buffalo on our way out of Wyoming. 

 Colorado!


 Awww. The adorable baby Hudson. He's a chunk! We fell in love with him- he's about four months and in the highest percentile for all of his growth charts. Elise is the best momma. She was so kind to let us stay with her- it was some much needed catch up time. Can't wait to see her again back in Boise for Christmas!

 Check out those thighs. Yum. 

Jeff and I just loved him! We can't wait to see him again. 
Thanks Elise for sharing your home (and baby) with us :)

 After sitting in a car all day long, it felt so good to get out and walk around. Elise lives in a great place outside of Denver close to lots of walking paths and mini lakes/ponds.


Day 3 of travel. Leaving Denver at 5 am. This was our last day of driving and our longest! The first two days we drove 6 hours and then 7- this day we drove 14. Jeff was a champ and drove the whole way. Woot woot for an awesome husband!

We were only in Oklahoma for about an hour, but it was pretty much just flat. We did drive through Boise City, OK- but I prefer my Boise....by a lot.

And we're in Texas!

We passed through more tiny little towns....there wasn't always a lot to these towns, but they all had a had a sonic.

I was in charge of directions- thank goodness for iphones!!! I had printed out directions but it was so nice to be able to do a quick satellite check to make sure we were actually going in the right direction. When everything is flat and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere- it helps big time to know for sure where you are.

Holy flatness

14 hours later.... and we're coming in to Dallas!

oh the freeways....without mountains to anchor my directions I'm clueless trying to get anywhere. I dropped Jeff off on our first day and as I was trying to get to our new apartment place to check in, I got so lost. Somehow I just kept jumping freeways. Boo. Hopefully I'll get more used to things.

2 comments:

  1. Last time we were in Texas we played Super Nintendo for three straight days while eating Roses. We almost conquered...until mary unplugged it. Hope living in Texas lives up to that moment! Give Mare a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete