Friday, July 15, 2011

Sailing! Ahoy!

On our last day we went sailing! We drove up to Redondo Beach, where Jeff's dad has a friend with a boat. We didn't actually go out until later in the day, but the afternoon had great weather so we just chilled with all of the pretty boats and went to a bbq during the day.


And we're off! One of Jeff's all time favorite movies is What About Bob- and he especially loves the sailing scene. He was quoting lines from that movie the whole time we were out. Ahoy!































and this was also the day I found out I do not have the stomach for sailing. Don't let the smile fool ya, I thought I was going to be sick! I was so nauseous out on the water. I should've known better though- I get motion sickness on airplanes! I'm weak. However.....Jeff loved the boat and the chance he had to steer. We're really glad we had the opportunity to do this! 






3 comments:

  1. We watched What About Bob the other day...it just wasn't the same without Jeff! But in his honor, Reed did go back and watch the "Ahoy!" part like 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about that... I REALLY want to go sailing, but I get sick on cruise ships, and any other biggish ships on the ocean. Might have to test it out to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brittnie- we can NEVER get through that movie without Jeff stopping and going back at least 3 times in, like, 5 different parts of that movie..haha watching Jeff watch this movie is almost funnier than just watching the movie lol
    Aimee- Yeah, it's definitely worth trying, but I was sick right from the start! And it wasn't even rough waters or super strong wind.

    ReplyDelete