Monday, July 11, 2011

Beach Bums

and this is where we spent 90% of our time....

All of the boys helping fly the kite 

Brothers :)

 mmmm summer reading.
Reading in the summer is the best. I read four books while we were in Newport- The first part of the week I read The Namesake and The Glass Castle. Both were pretty good-really easy reads, so...perfect for the summer!



Matt and London- Matt served his mission in Brazil and was telling me awesome stories
 about kite fighting-but we were nice and let the other people nearby fly their kites in peace and didn't attack them with our kite- even though kite fighting sounds really cool.

 aww and here's Mike! He was the most patriotic out of all of us. I'm pretty sure this day was the 4th- the beach was crazy packed, and lots of partying going on in the houses around us- but it was all okay bc everyone was very festive and mostly just super loud. Jeff and I were in charge of dinner the night of the 4th, so we had a bbq and I decorated the cake :) 


my masterpiece

At night on the 4th we went down to lay on the beach and watch the fireworks. Definitely a great 4th and a great week.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all the pictures! What a fun family vacation- so jealous :) I went many years back with friends from BYU and riding the beach cruisers was my favorite part too!

    ReplyDelete