Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ava Rees * 2 Months *

So my girl is two months! I'm loving it! She has started smiling and cooing and becoming a little more fun to hang out with :) Of course, most of her coos are saved for her bff, the baby staring back at her in her mirror- BUT she does give me giant gummy grins when I go to pick her up out of her crib in the morning. She's actually very smily in the mornings. I just love it. Sometimes she actually stops eating, leans back and gives me giant smiles so much that I have to not look at her so she can finish eating. And if you know how much this girl likes to eat- that's saying something.
The little miss had her two month check up this week:

Weight: 13 lbs 11 oz- 97%
Height: 24 inches- 95%
Head circumference: 40 cm- 80%

So basically she's still our big growing girl!



blurg- I was so close to getting this smile directed my way,
 but alas, the ceiling fan seems to be her one true love



Ava has been loving her playmat. There's a mirror attached to the top that she just stares at. She coo's and talks to the mirror for forever. 
She'll also smile at herself for a solid 15 minutes! I'm loving her high self-esteem :)





Ava had a rocky couple of weeks when she came down with a bad cold. It was so sad. I called her doctor twice and made Jeff call once just to make sure they didn't want us to bring her in. I guess I'm a  first time mom, but whatever- hearing her sniffle and all congested was so hard. Thankfully she's all better and back to herself after a lot of cuddles and long nights, a lot of time with the humidifier and a lot of suctioning. 
Also- she's back to being a fantastic sleeper! (knock on wood) last night she slept for 8 1/2 hours straight, woke up to eat and slept for another 3. I felt like I could run a marathon that day I had so much energy. We're still working on the nap situation though. She just wants to be a part of everything going on! She hates napping- so weird. 
Ava has also been so smiley lately it seriously kills me. I love her more and more every day and am having a lot of fun with her. I can't even be mad when she poops on me- because she's smiling while she's doing it. 
Ava has now 100% refused all bottles. She just hates them. I've tried everything and have pretty much given up for now. I can't be too mad at her for preferring me- but... it would be nice to be able to leave and not have to rush back- I guess it's good motivation during my runs to go faster so I can get home  to my hungry girl more quickly :)
So far this summer has been great with Jeff's school schedule. He's almost always home by 5:00 and the moment he comes home I hand Ava over to him and go for a run. I get some alone time and Ava and Jeff get some bonding time. Win/Win.
Two months in and every week just gets better.
We still love her! 

1 comment:

  1. Apparently I haven't read your blog in like... over a month. I loved reading about Ava and everything she's doing!! And I love all the pictures! Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete