We have some exciting news!
This little babe will be joining our family this April! The exact due date is April 27th. Jeff and I are really excited we are finally starting our family. This is something we've wanted for a long time and we are very grateful that we finally get to have our very own little one to squeeze tight and smother with kisses.
These pics are from an ultrasound when I was 10 weeks, but I went in for one last week to find out the sex, but baby was being so bad and wouldn't uncross it's legs so....I have to keep referring to it as, well, it. Hopefully when I go in at 20 weeks, baby will be more cooperative.
okay, the pic below is too funny to keep out.
Because we'd been trying for a while, I would take pregnancy tests all the time and Jeff wasn't always there. This time, when I took one and it came back positive I couldn't really believe it so I took a few more and the other two came back positive, but one came back negative. Because we'd gotten our hopes up before, I didn't want to say anything without being 100% positive so I waited a couple days and took some more tests. They all came back positive! However, that day we were heading out to the Cook's to spend the weekend and I thought I'd just wait to tell him when we got back so it'd be just us. (I've always been weird about sharing big news....for some reason I like to keep it a secret until I'm like, completely sure how I feel about everything. I actually hate having other people knowing my business...which makes this blog a little ironic....) However, that night we were going to bed in our nephews room, we walked in and there's a bottle of Martinellis on ice with glasses that Eric (Bro in law) had set out for us. My first thought was, oh crap! they found out before I even told Jeff! haha. But I guess he just did it to be nice- or he really did somehow find the pregnancy test in my purse and didn't tell me lol
Either way, the set up was perfect for me to tell Jeff right there. And so, that is how we get the below picture lol. I had my phone out and took a pic right when I told Jeff! ha, and he made the perfect face. After trying for a while with no success, it was kind of a shock when it actually worked!
This still makes me laugh. This is Jeff's ""oh crap" face. This is also why I like to keep big news to myself until I can not make this face when telling other people the big news.
Nothing a little Martinelli's can't calm down.....Thanks Eric! It was perfect.
Supa happy
Okay, so this was taken at 16 weeks which is kind of a joke because it's a phone pic and there's nothing really there- once I have a respectable bump I'll take a respectable pic. Right now, I just always feel like I look like I just ate a big meal. Jeff was the one who was like, we really should start documenting this....and he was right. Bad mama. So from now on I'll try to do a good job of updating our blog (my way of keeping our family history/ a journal) with baby updates. Of course, when the baby actually gets here, this blog will get a whole lot cuter and much more exciting :)
*I'll post more details later, but I wanted to keep this post happy- and there's no way that was going to happen if I start talking about the awfulness that is the first trimester*






YAY! I know we've talked about all things pre go (especially the crappy stuff), but I'm so so happy for you guys! And you look great! The pic of jeff is CLASSIC. Seriously, you should frame that and put it on the baby's wall. Also, I can't wait to find out the gender of "Pat."
ReplyDeleteI'm so so SOOOO excited for you guys!!!!! You look so teeny tiny, nobody would ever know there's a little person in there!! You're completely adorable. You're going to be one of those girls that just gets a little basketball and that's it :) SOOO thrilled for you!!!! YAY BABIES!!!! And isn't every day of puking totally worth it after a long time of wishing for that :) (not that it makes the food taste any better on the way back up!) Can't wait to gush with you at Christmas about little people!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Jeff's surprised face. Glad you planned ahead & got it on camera! Congrats again-- woohoo!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I don't know who I'm more excited for, you and Jeff or your parents :). You look darling and you're going to be such an adorable, fun mom and I sincerely hope the baby cooperates for the next ultrasound, mainly for my own curiosity...
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! We're really excited (especially my mom lol)
ReplyDeletehaha! that face is amazing. I am SOOOOOO excited that you are going to be a mom. One of those things I've been looking forward to my whole life. You're going to be a great mom.
ReplyDelete