Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

This year V-Day was good.
It was chill and filled with flowers, chocolates and cake.


My dad never forgets to send me flowers on VDay.
Love my dad.


 Jeff asked me the other day if I liked my roses. I just said yes cause it is true that I love my tulips- and I didn't want to burst his bubble that he got his flowers mixed up :)


I made that cute little heart thing in the background. Jeff thought I was a little nuts when I was tearing out old book pages- but I think it turned out cute.


 We decided to celebrate the weekend before Valentines bc the week is always so rushed- so I made a yummy dinner, we went for a 3 hour walk (it was like 72 degrees and gorgeous), and that night we went and saw The Vow. We both loved it! And one of us totally cried- and it wasn't me :) 

Before the movie I told Jeff the basic plot of the movie and asked him what he would do if the situation happened to us? (young married couple gets in accident and wife doesn't remember the last few years, including her husband) Jeff just looked at me like that was the dumbest question ever- he was like, "I would tell you I was your husband and I'd take you home-end of story. duhhhh"
haha, but after watching the movie he was soooo into it and could't stop talking about all the what if's for the rest of the night. It was great.

 I realized this Valentines Day marks our 5th one together!
Carazy.

Our first date was in January of 2008
We became "official" like two days before Vday 2008 
We got engaged a few days after Vday in February of 2009
We got married in June of 2009
Vday in 2010 had us celebrating with friends in a cabin in Park City
Vday in 2011 had us getting take-out from all our favorite places and watching The Bachelor
On the actual Vday this year- Jeff had an intermural bball game at 8pm and I stayed home and watched NCIS and ate chocolate hearts (but its all cool cause we celebrated earlier - also, I've already used the whole "remember on valentines day when I was cool with you playing bball with your friends- so yeah, i think you can be cool about taking the garbage out/doing the dishes"- i've used that twice so far and its only the 17th! need to pace myself on that one and only use it where it counts.
And we'll be celebrating 3 years of marriage this summer.
again, it feels carazy because time is moving by too fast!
We have so much fun being married and hanging out together- it never gets old. But I feel like this phase in our life can't last forever so I would like it to slow down just a little.


oh yeah. here's my cake! i made it up as i went along- its raspberry vanilla cream cheese cream cake. yum.

5 comments:

  1. I love Jeff's reaction to the hypothetical question! And your dad is the sweetest :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Jeff cracks me up. Also, your cake looks DELICIOUS. You are such a homemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i just love you too! come visit again please...actaully I take that back- we'll come there [you have the warm weather!]
    you have seriously become so domestic! I'm beyond proud! ;)
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, thanks guys!the cake was good- but you can't really go wrong with cake :)

    ReplyDelete