Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sore and Restless


Every now and then I get restless- and to combat that restlessness- I started to go running.
I just get the feeling that I want to pack a bag and get the heck out of wherever I am.
In college it wasn't uncommon for my roommates and me to take off last minute on a road trip, but now that I'm married and Jeff's in school and I spend all my time behind a desk, the whole last minute road trip thing doesn't really work out.
It's also a little disheartening that I'm getting this feeling so soon after coming back from Christmas in Idaho....but whatevs, it is what it is.
To combat said restlessness, I ended up overdoing it when I got home from work by going for an extra long run (confession: I haven't gone for a run in months), doing the shred workout, and finally doing a couple of my yoga dvds.
Needless to say, I am sore.
But it did sort of squelch my need to take a trip, probably because I was too exhausted to even think about one, but it worked!
and I think I'll keep up with this running/yoga thing- I kind of like how they're opposites, but still pretty challenging, I can not for the life of me, touch my toes right now- but I'm determined to work on it! Last night I decided that all the people in the dvd just had extra long monkey arms- but, I'm pretty sure I was just lying to myself.


 see, that could totally be me- just give me a couple months of yoga and hopefully I'll at least be able to pull of looking this graceful...

6 comments:

  1. we should go running together kiley! that is if you don't mind a really out of shape partner

    ReplyDelete
  2. what yoga dvds do you use? i would love to get more into yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I love yoga and running, nothing beats powdered donuts, diet coke, and a road trip full of Jordan sparks. Those memories are like a tattoo. Ha ha miss ya! Good job on working out ki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mer- would love a running buddy! i'm totally out of shape too, so it would be perfect lol

    Katie- hey girl! i got the yogaworks am/pm beginners and the yogaworks bodyslim intermediate- the am/pm beginners is pretty boring, but the bodyslim one is awesome- it kills! still love the 30day shred though :)

    Syd- gosh, i love me some pd's- remember when we would attack freshmen couples making out with them? can't believe we did that- not bc that's totally weird, but bc it was a waste of pd.the looks on their faces was totally worth it though- that is, if we actually hit them with it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha. "No because that's totally weird but because it was a waste of powdered donuts." Best quote EVER. Can that be on your tombstone please? The girl who didn't want to waste powdered donuts? hahahaha. I'm sending you a box for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for working out - but you are always welcome if you want a getaway in Idaho...:)

    ReplyDelete