Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas this year was so great with Ava. She loved the tree, the lights, the wrapping paper! 
Everyone was so generous and nice-
and it was so fun to watch Ava explore her new toys.


Ava was also so good about keeping on that Santa hat!






I wanted to get us all Christmas PJs but couldn't find anything I liked enough- so Ava was the only recipient. Maybe next year. Ava rocked those Santa jammies.





We spent Christmas morning eating cinnamon rolls, opening up presents, and watching Ava devour the wrapping paper. I'm really excited about our new video camera (thanks mom and dad!). 

It was also my 26th birthday! It's crazy that I'm that old. 
Both Jeff and my Dad got me beautiful flowers and everyone got me more presents than I deserve. My mom also made the most delicious birthday dinner. I love that I can be surrounded by my family on my birthday. My parents also had me and Jeff go out to a movie and a dinner while they watched Ava. We went in the week after Christmas and it was so fun! It was our first movie since Ava was born- also our first dinner out without her (we're not good about getting out). We were also able to fit in a temple trip to the Boise temple- the temple where we were married. Since we got married, they completely redid everything and had it rededicated. I've been back to this temple since then, but it was the first time both Jeff and I were able to go together to the Boise one together since we were married- it was so nice and while we were there we sat next to a couple who were just about to be sealed themselves. 
They couldn't stop kissing and holding hands lol 
I think I was staring a little too much. I couldn't stop thinking about how that was us 4 1/2 years ago....
I'm trying not to be too bummed about leaving Boise, but I did cry on the way to the airport- I've NEVER cried leaving home before.... not even when I left for college! There was something about this time that made me really not want to leave. Can't we just be on Christmas break forever? 
#imissmymom #anddad


1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all these blog posts! And I apologize for not texting you on your birthday but I had the flu and then spaced it when I was feeling better. But you really are an amazing person ki! You're such a good mom and you are beautiful inside and out. I miss doing really really awkward and embarrassing things with you. Hopefully someday our girls can meet. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete