Sunday, May 12, 2013

My First Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day came 10 days after I became a mom myself. 

I can't believe Ava is already 10 days old! This last week and a half has gone by so fast- the first week was really just a blur- but the last few days I've been feeling much better and have really been able to enjoy my little sweetheart. 
Having my mom here for the last week has been heaven. I am so grateful she was able to come out and take care of me Jeff and Ava. She cooked, cleaned, stayed up all night with Ava and let me and Jeff sleep....I was so sad to see her go. I wish we lived closer. She made daily trips to the store to buy me all sorts of treats and goodies and made all my favorite meals. And now I'm looking at some beautiful flowers she got me before she left for the airport. sigh. Wish she was here!
My mom was such an amazing mama to me all growing up and she continues to be the best. Ava is very lucky that she has her for a grandma. I'll try hard to be the best mom that Ava deserves, and because I had the best teacher- I think I'll be ok- even if I sometimes fall way short of where I would like to be- I had a perfect example of a mom who never gave up and always put me and my brothers first.
 Happy Mother's Day MOM. 

I love you.






1 comment:

  1. Okay, so these pictures definitely made me cry! Your mom is AMAZING and she will seriously be a perfect grandmother. Lucky Ava!! I'm so glad she was there to help with this transition.

    And happy first Mother's Day to you! You already are and will continue to be the (likewise) amazing mom that Ava deserves :).

    ReplyDelete