Yesterday marked Ava's first two weeks being with us. I'm not going to lie- the last two weeks have kind of been a blur. This last week especially has gone by so fast! It was my first week alone with her at home. I feel like I've been in baby bliss all week. We just set up on the couch or in the glider and cuddle and eat and cuddle some more. It's been pretty great. There's no such thing as spoiling a newborn and I've really taken that to heart.
Love this little girl.
So obviously Jeff and I have an overload of pictures of our sweetheart on our phones. I swear I've narrowed it down to the ones I've posted below- but beware- there's still a ton. But I'm not sorry. I love each and every one of them- and after I finally get her to sleep and I go lay down- Jeff and I will still just go through our phone looking at her cute face in all of her little pictures.
Here are her stats for her two week appointment:
Weight: 9lbs 15 oz - 93%
(surpassed birthweight- yahoo!)
Height: 21.8 inches - 93%
Head Circumference: 37 cm- 75%
and now just a fraction of our phone pics from her first two weeks of life
we got discharged from the hospital right before dinner- we were famished. and by the time we passed the third chick filet on our way home we had to stop.
Ava's first drive-thru. classy.
someone was not happy with her bath
love my chubs
I could stare at her all day- and I pretty much do
dad's getting in on the tummy time action
she's not a huge fan of the tummy time but she's getting better
Ava and I like to facetime with my dad :)
this is the afghan my grandma made for Ava
these pictures took me by surprise because she looks exactly like my baby pictures in these ones and up until then I wasn't sure who she looked liked
grandma love
baby love
one of my favorites
daddy love
gas smile
my mom made me my favorites meals all while she was here.
freaking delicious.
we're all a little sleep deprived around here- well, all of us except Ava :)
at her four day check up.
traumatic for everyone
haha, she likes to fist pump
sigh.
we love her.
it's only been two weeks and they've flown by. she already seems so much bigger and is so much more alert. She's doing better sleeping in her crib- but she absolutely loves being held. She'll sleep in her crib for about two hours before she wakes up but she'll sleep in your arms forever. she's our little cuddle bug. She really hates to be put down- but that's okay - I hate to put her down so it works out. She a fantastic eater and wants to eat all. the. time. I really can't blame her though- I want to eat all the time too. She was given a pacifier in the hospital during her tests so we've been trying to give one to her when she gets stressed (bath time) but these last few nights she's refused to take it. the only thing that calm her down is eating- so that's another thing we have in common- stress eating.
A part of me doesn't like that these two weeks have gone so fast, but another part of me is so excited to continue to get to know her and watch her grow and develop. it's a weird balance of excitement and a little sadness that she's growing so fast.
oh well, i can't stop time- but maybe now i'll let my mom hug me for as long as she wants next time we see her again.


























Okay, I don't know what I love more: Ava's darling little chubbs OR that huge smile on your dad's face OR how sweet the last line of the post is... it's a tie.
ReplyDeletethanks Jana! you're so sweet
ReplyDeleteawww! I love her! stress eating.. lol. I'm so happy for you and glad that everything is going so well. She is really a beautiful baby girl.
ReplyDelete