Monday, April 2, 2012

the weekend

Last weekend was pretty great. We lounged around, watched conference, hung out with friends- it was all pretty great. Saturday morning I went to Zumba, and even though I'm super uncoordinated and did none of the steps right- I had a lot of fun! I also couldn't stop laughing the whole time because all of the middle aged moms around me were kicking my trash and adding extra shimmies and booty pops between the moves.
Sunday evening Jeff and I went to this giant park in Coppell to get out of the house and walk around. The weather was amazing, and the whole park was full of people.


The park had a patch of these flowers and people were taking pictures in them like crazy- like, every ten feet there'd be a different fam getting their pictures done. They are pretty though!


Jeff getting his study on 


blurg- I'm so white- but I'm working on it-




while I was walking around I found this little river I never knew existed- I got super nervous though, because ever since we moved to Texas I've become convinced that snakes are in every type of wooded/grass area- so, I took a picture of my discovery and got the heck out of there.
We also found some sand volleyball courts, so I'm sure we'll be back :)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome park. Those are bluebonnets and they are the state flower in Texas. They start blooming in March/April and everyone goes out and takes pictures of their kids in them every year, usually wearing white. :) Texas Tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I loved them! Everyone looked so great- I should have had Jeff get in there for some pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always heard about bluebonnets - they are referred to in lots of country songs about Texas! - but I have never seen them. They are beautiful - I love the pictures! Why are you scared of snakes in Texas? You grew up in Idaho where there are plenty of watersnakes along the river and rattlesnakes in the desert and mountains. Once you ran over a snake on your bike on the Greenbelt. :)

    ReplyDelete