So last Tuesday we had some crazy weather! Luckily no one was killed by the tornadoes- it really is a miracle no one died- so many people lost their houses, but at least no one seemed to even have a serious injury. crazy. Texas has been so beautiful lately- it seems nuts how quickly the weather turned bad. Luckily I have an awesome sister-in-law who texted me a heads up on the tornado warning, I had no clue! But when I turned on the tv every channel had a guy on saying there were tornadoes all over the place and to get to a safe place asap. great. I knew I was supposed to be on the first floor so I went down to our only friends in our complex but they weren't home so I went back to my apartment and got in the bathtub with my laptop. I literally typed into my google toolbar "what to do during a tornado if you live in an apt on the second floor" lol, love me some google- and I got a lot of hits- that all said that staying in the bathtub on the second floor wouldn't cut it and to get to downstairs unit asap. poo. by now the weather had gotten really really bad, so I decided to try my luck with the people that lived directly below us. It was hailing pretty hard, and when I opened the door the legs got pelted- so I grabbed a thick pillow, strapped it around my head and ran outside and down the stairs- I probably looked like a crazy person. oh well my head was nice and protected.win.
Luckily, my downstairs neighbors were home and super nice. They let me in and we all got in the back closet/bathroom and watched the news. Unfortunately I couldn't understand a single word anyone was saying since my neighbors only speak spanish and my high school spanish really wasn't cutting it. I stared at the spanish station's weatherman and tried really hard to figure out what he was saying and looking at all of the cartoon tornadoes that were spinning around on the map. My neighbors kept staring at the tv with big eyes, shaking their heads and say ohhhh nooooooo, ohhhhhh nooooooo. Every now and then I would look at my neighbor and say, good? with a thumbs up- ha, and she would always say no, with a thumbs down. oh well fantastic. The hail was coming down, the sky was dark and every now and then lighting would flash outside. The weather guy kept saying stuff I couldn't understand and then he would say my city and the little city right next to mine so I got a little nervous. Thankfully the tornado that was supposed to go right through us never did- it like went the other way or just stayed put- not sure. The whole time I was texting people and trying to get them to tell me what was going on in case I was missing something. My dad just texted me to look out for the wicked witch lol
Luckily, the only damage to my area were some downed trees and a few roofs missing some shingles. We also had a lot of cars whose front and back windshields were completely shattered by the hail. Jeff was at school during all of this and wasn't even phased. This was supposed to be my one day off from work and I was a little ticked that I spent it in my neighbors bathtub, but I am more so just thankful everyone is okay and that it wasn't worse- in all, there were about 13 tornadoes with two bigger ones. Hopefully things will settle down now- but I'm a little frazzled and keep checking my new weather app for extreme weather updates. Thanks to everyone who called/texted me during all that, you guys were on top of things! My friend in Colorado seriously knew what was up more than I did lol love ya Elise!
Luckily, my downstairs neighbors were home and super nice. They let me in and we all got in the back closet/bathroom and watched the news. Unfortunately I couldn't understand a single word anyone was saying since my neighbors only speak spanish and my high school spanish really wasn't cutting it. I stared at the spanish station's weatherman and tried really hard to figure out what he was saying and looking at all of the cartoon tornadoes that were spinning around on the map. My neighbors kept staring at the tv with big eyes, shaking their heads and say ohhhh nooooooo, ohhhhhh nooooooo. Every now and then I would look at my neighbor and say, good? with a thumbs up- ha, and she would always say no, with a thumbs down. oh well fantastic. The hail was coming down, the sky was dark and every now and then lighting would flash outside. The weather guy kept saying stuff I couldn't understand and then he would say my city and the little city right next to mine so I got a little nervous. Thankfully the tornado that was supposed to go right through us never did- it like went the other way or just stayed put- not sure. The whole time I was texting people and trying to get them to tell me what was going on in case I was missing something. My dad just texted me to look out for the wicked witch lol
Luckily, the only damage to my area were some downed trees and a few roofs missing some shingles. We also had a lot of cars whose front and back windshields were completely shattered by the hail. Jeff was at school during all of this and wasn't even phased. This was supposed to be my one day off from work and I was a little ticked that I spent it in my neighbors bathtub, but I am more so just thankful everyone is okay and that it wasn't worse- in all, there were about 13 tornadoes with two bigger ones. Hopefully things will settle down now- but I'm a little frazzled and keep checking my new weather app for extreme weather updates. Thanks to everyone who called/texted me during all that, you guys were on top of things! My friend in Colorado seriously knew what was up more than I did lol love ya Elise!
that is so scary! i'm so sorry. so glad you are okay!
ReplyDelete