Today at work I googled my birthday to see if I shared it with anyone famous/cool- it's really dorky to google your birthday I know, but it's the truth and I couldn't think of a cooler lie that made sense with what I'm about to share- First I found out that Sir Isaac Newton was born on Christmas, but that's not the cool part- this is: http://www.sonic.net/~billk/ haha
It's a support group for people born on Christmas! haha
It gives advice on how to deal with a loved one who
has the "misfortune of being born on the biggest holiday ever."oh boo hoo.
With tag lines like, "What's a Parent To Do If You Have a Christmas Baby?" or "How to Treat a Christmas Birthday Person," I was finding it hard not to laugh out loud at my desk, but then I read the list of all of the reasons why Christmas makes a bad birthday and I was going down the checklist about the downers like double gifting, people forgetting your birthday, never getting candles on a birthday cake etc. and I'll admit I was getting depressed and I was starting to doubt my okay-ness with my inconvenient birth- I even began to think I had laughed too soon and that I needed this website.....but then I found the tab titled, "December Blues," and the list of questions to assess depression over your Christmas birthday lol- call me insensitive, but when I got to the 5th question I was laughing again. So yeah, being born on Christmas is okay again and here's an even better list of
Why Christmas Birthdays Rock According to Me
1. I share my birthday with the day we celebrate Jesus
1. I share my birthday with the day we celebrate Jesus
2. I'm always with family on my birthday
3. I'll always have school/work off
4. There's generally always a lot of yummy cookies around
5. Until I was Five I thought my birthday was the cause of an international holiday
6. The Lakers always play on my birthday :)
7. Sometimes I pretend the advent calendars are my personal bday countdown
8. Barbara Streisand sings a song about being born on Christmas that my mom plays for me every year
9. My middle name is Noel-and it's legit-
10. After opening Christmas presents, I'm not done! I just move on to birthday presents
This is me as a newborn in the stocking they send home Christmas babies in instead of the normal blanket. My mom said I waited until Christmas to be born (I was like 11 days late) bc I wanted to make an entrance- so yeah- even as baby I couldn't help being dramatic lol
my poor parents didn't even have a chance...
7. Sometimes I pretend the advent calendars are my personal bday countdown
8. Barbara Streisand sings a song about being born on Christmas that my mom plays for me every year
9. My middle name is Noel-and it's legit-
10. After opening Christmas presents, I'm not done! I just move on to birthday presents
This is me as a newborn in the stocking they send home Christmas babies in instead of the normal blanket. My mom said I waited until Christmas to be born (I was like 11 days late) bc I wanted to make an entrance- so yeah- even as baby I couldn't help being dramatic lol
my poor parents didn't even have a chance...

HAHAHA oh man that's so great...
ReplyDeleteKiley, I'm here to tell you... that if you feel overshadowed on Christmas, just call me and I will tell you all the cool things about you on your birthday so you can still be the center of attention for a while :) (I secretly love birthdays for that reason!)
Wow this was so incredibly interesting! Reading your blog is the best part of my entire day!
ReplyDeleteChris
haha! That's so funny! I think the one about people forgetting your birthday is interesting because I would say one thing I like about your birthday is that I always remember it! 2 important things on that day: Christmas and Ki's birthday. I hope you've never felt the blues of having a Christmas birthday. That would be sad.
ReplyDeleteaww Danielle, you are so nice! You're the best neighbor I've ever had
ReplyDeleteand Erin- you'd be surprised by how many people forget, like family members that forget lol
and Chris- i like your enthusiasm, too bad it's fake and forced
Your BIRTH-DAY was the best Christmas present ever! That's hilarious that there is a support group. I love your list of good things about your Christmas birthday....remember things like the 16 balloons stuck in the front lawn, or the red carpet going down the stairs? Well, we tried....!
ReplyDelete