Saturday, February 15, 2014

*Ava Rees* 9 Months

Alright- better late than never right? 
This last month has been long one- but not necessarily in a bad way. I feel like Ava has grown and accomplished a lot this month. She's such a happy little girl and I'm glad that hasn't changed. 
When she wakes up in the morning, I'm almost never ready to get up- so I'm thankful she likes to cuddle. I can grab her and throw her under the covers in my bed and she'll snuggle up next to me and kick and grab at the comforter. Sometimes she'll fall back asleep- and that's the best. 
I love waking up like this. On the day she turned 9 months I grabbed my camera and snapped some pics of what waking up with Ava is like. 
It involves her monkey and the cutest baby in the world.


This morning she fell asleep for another hour with me. Perfection. 


Ava's become more vocal. Throughout all of these pictures she's squealing and clicking her tongue. She loves to click her tongue. Ava still loves to clap. And she'll clap now when she sees anyone really happy or excited. I was watching Ellen the other day, and when she does that thing where she goes into the audience to dance- Ava looked up at the screen right then and back at me and started clapping and squealing along while bopping her head to the beat of the song. It was pretty cute. 


She likes to feed herself. This is frustrating because she doesn't really eat, but plays with her food instead. But then she gets angry when I try to feed her so...that's been fun.


Ava loves standing. She'll just stand in the middle of the room, not holding on to anything except some toy in her hands. The moment she tries to take a step however, she just topples over. Ava's still pretty tough. She falls over a lot and rarely cries. She really is one happy babe.


Ava loves giving high fives. It's pretty funny. She'll be across the room from me, but when I put out my hand and tell her to come give me a high five, she races over and slaps my hand several times- and she has the biggest grins while doing this. Ava also gives kisses- big, slobbery kisses- all over your face. It's gross and cute at the same time. Last Sunday she wouldn't stop kissing my face in Sunday school. It was awesome.


Ava loves to crash into her block towers. She's much more interested in destroying the towers than in building them. I keep trying to get her to build the towers, but she just excitedly waits until I finish building and then shrieks with joy as she swings her hands through my towers. She looooooooves this. She loves to destroy most anything- I wonder where she gets this from? :)-   ((me))


And right about here when she notices the window and wants to play with the blinds is when we really get up and out of bed. I'm still not ready to wake up- probably because Ava's started waking up several times a night again.....but it's ok. She's happy and healthy and for that I'm thankful.
Love you Ava

1 comment: