Whew! Late on this one. Time has flown by this last month. We had Thanksgiving in Las Vegas, some gorgeous weather where we spent all day outside, and then we had a crazy ice storm that had us iced in for four days- and now I leave in three days for Idaho! I kept trying to take 7 month pictures but, the little bug has learned how to crawl and will not sit still! Every time I would put her down to take her picture, she sees me and gets excited and starts crawling into my lap. So.....all of these pictures are blurry and I had to take twenty for every one that she is looking at the camera.
My little bug
She still loves her hands. Sometimes I catch her sucking on her thumb, but not too much. I'm okay with her sucking on her thumb for now though- she won't really take a pacifier at all, and since I'm having her put herself to sleep, she needs some way to soothe herself. She only really sucks on it when she's tired though, so I'm good with that.
Ava has started clapping and it's pretty funny. She'll clap, look up at me, and then when I say yay Ava! and clap, she starts laughing and keeps clapping while I cheer for her. She loves it when Jeff and I cheer for her. While she was getting the hang of crawling, she'd crawl a little bit, get frustrated and start to cry, but then Jeff and I would clap and cheer for her and she'd get the biggest grin on her face and keep on crawling.
Ava hates putting on clothes! She screams so loud when I get her dressed. She twists and turns and acts like it's the end of the world. The moment her clothes are on she's totally fine- she just would prefer to be naked I guess.
Ava has also become a great eater! Thank goodness. She'll eat most anything now. Took a full month though of every day trying to get her to eat- but now she'll actually eat instead of gagging it back up- so that's progress!
And this is my view 75% of my day :) My sweet little bug crawling over my legs and into my lap. Sometimes she'll stop and start eating my knees....
.....but usually she makes it to my lap and snuggles in. I'm grateful I have such a cuddly baby.
Ava has definitely been making her strong personality known. She gets very angry now when I take away something she shouldn't be playing with and when I try to redirect her, she goes right back to try to get what I took away. She's very determined. Especially when it comes to our shoes- I keep telling her she's not a puppy but she insists that our shoes are chew toys. I've had to move our shoes off ground level for now.
And here she is helping me with the laundry.
All the while looking back at me every ten seconds to make sure I haven't left the room. While putting clothes away, every time I would go into the closet she'd scream bloody murder until I came back.
On our flight home from Vegas, Ava didn't sleep at all. Thankfully she was pretty good the whole time on our first flight and during our short layover. On the second flight home, Ava made a friend with a cute boy sitting behind us and smiled and laughed at him the whole way home.
Angel babe. Hopefully she'll be good for us when we go to Idaho.
We just love her and are so thankful for our little girl :)








Ava is a dolly! And 6-9 months is totally my fave age! They are so perfectly chubby and sweet, without being too destructive! I want to meet Ava someday and squeeze her cheeks!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a sweet girl she is! I'm excited you're heading to Idaho, can I sneak over sometime while you're in town and meet Miss Ava?? (umm, and see you of course:) ).
ReplyDelete