Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's March Already???

I can not believe it's March!
 yikes. 
Where has the time gone- and why am I so bad about posting? 
Regardless of the gaps in posts, I need somewhere to document life these days.... and because my mom and everybody else has been bugging me to finally let someone take my picture I did.


ta-da!
oh, you didn't want one of just my face?



ok fine.


34 Weeks Baby!


This last weekend Jeff and I dug our real camera out from the back of the closet and brought it with us on our walk.
 It was a good day to let him take pictures of me because I had my baby shower that morning so my hair and make-up were actually done. I was also wearing real clothes and not Jeff's old sweats. 
Go me. 


So when baby girl's older and sees these pics she better say I was lookin' good pregnant and I'll be like, well duh- I always looked good- and no one had better tell her any different lol 
because if Mean Girls has taught me anything it's that
 "I gotta be a cool mom, not a regular mom"




and we can't forget the handsome daddy-to-be


werk it


6-ish more weeks!
I should also probably say that in all honesty, right now I feel the best I have this whole pregnancy. The nausea and headaches are pretty much completely gone! For a while I had some shooting pains in my back and in my ribs but I've been getting adjusted by one of Jeff's professors weekly and they've gone away! Getting adjusted has made the biggest difference. Now my back feels great- my ribs still ache, but no more waking up in the middle of the night feeling like someone has just stabbed me.
I was at a Dr.'s appt last week and he did an ultrasound and he started laughing because baby girl is so high up and is in my ribs as much as possible. The picture he printed out looked awful/hilarious because her face and body are so smooshed up in there. So while the shooting pains in my ribs have gone away- they still ache all the time but I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. Girl likes to snuggle. I do look down though at my tummy like, you've got alllllllll this room to take up and you insist on staying up in my ribs? okay. As long as she's comfortable and happy. We did try to move her down a little bit because I now have some bruised and inflamed ribs but that only worked for about three hours....ha, before she went right back up. But honestly, some aching ribs is the "best" uncomfortable pregnancy symptom I've dealt with so far so,  I'll take it.
Now I'm just needing to finally go over my lists and make sure we have everything I think I need. I'm sure my lists are too long, but that's how it always is with your first right? And after my shower last weekend this is going to be one spoiled little baby. 

6 comments:

  1. Ummm this post made me embarrassingly happy. You look BEAUTIFUL! Aaaand I'm sure you look just as amazing in Jeff's old sweats :). I'm glad you finally feel halfway decent/not as dreadful as you did previously. Here's to a semi-comfortable (you know, as comfortable as you can be with a sweet baby girl snuggled up in your ribs!!) last six weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable! and you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my mantra for motherhood, "not like a regular mom, but a cool mom." And I will be honest, it's really some things for me so far. Also, congrats on taking a maternity picture- towards the end it is a miracle to wear real clothes, but you look great! Can't wait for you to finally have the babe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest momma EVER! So glad you pulled that camera out! Good luck with the remaining weeks ~ I hope they fly by :)

    ReplyDelete