Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mom's Funny

My mom's hilarious- really. She has the best sense of humor. Case in point- this email she sent me today which had me laughin' out loud. My brother's are also pretty funny too.


Good to hear from you! I really do know when Grandpa's birthday is, but when I sent that email to Jordan and Chris and you, I thought it might take a few days for them to respond so I made it sound like it was earlier than it was, hoping they'd get around to it in the next few days.....I should have known that you would not procrastinate. Still, Grandpa was very glad you called.

Congratulations on your test and your paper! I am so proud of you. Good luck with your safety preparedness thing....sounds fascinating. Not. Did you like the jokes I sent?? Whenever they make a movie out of a classic children's book, I am always afraid they'll ruin it, but I have heard good things about Where The Wild Things Are. Also Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs has gotten great reviews, but I havent' seen it.

Yesterday I had to do the kind of thing I most dislike in the world --being out in front of people and having attention on me -- TWICE in one day. For Timberline's Homecoming,once again I had to escort Cameron out on the field at halftime for Homecoming Court. And during the Homecoming Assembly at school in the afternoon, they did this game where they called five boys out of the audience, blindfolded them, and had the cheerleaders kiss each one on the cheek, and the boys had to guess which cheerleader it was. So Matthew was one of the five boys they brought down, but it was really their MOMS who kissed them. And when they asked Matthew (still blindfolded) which cheerleader he thought it was, he said "It was definitely a senior!" and when they asked why, he said "Because it was GOOD!" Everyone was going crazy laughing over that one. Yeah, it was definitely a senior.....very very senior.....senior citizen in fact. You can see why I was glad when the day was OVER. Cameron is taking Kanisha to the dance tonight. Matthew is not 16 yet so he is not allowed to go. (I think high school was easier with nerdy boys like Jordan and Chris.) Last week Chris invited an apartment of girls over and cooked dinner for them. So he is trying. He dissected his cadaver's heart yesterday.

I printed and framed lots of wedding pictures of you. Now pictures of you are all over the house, in every room. As it should be.

Love Mom


I love my Mom- she's so crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment